'Dancing with the Stars' All-Star Season Planned, Mario Lopez Asked to Join
"Dancing with the Stars" may welcome back its former contestants to the ballroom next season. Mario Lopez, who finished second in the third season of the reality show, has spilled the beans that an all-star edition of the dancing competition is being planned and he has been offered to participate.
"They're doing a Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars this next season," he told Kelly Ripa when guest hosting "Live! With Kelly" on Wednesday, April 25. "They called me to do it." On whether or not he will sign up for it, the "Extra" host said, "I just don't know how I'd be able to pull it off."
Lopez broke the news of the all-star season when he and Ripa were talking about Gladys Knight's elimination. "I thought she was doing amazing," so the Mike Hamoui of "Nip/Tuck" commented on the soul singer, who got the boot on Tuesday night.
A source told Gossip Cop that Lopez's statement was "premature," but said that a "DWTS" all-star edition is possible. ABC, meanwhile, has not released any words regarding the alleged plans for next season.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular