'Dancing with the Stars' All-Star Season Planned, Mario Lopez Asked to Join
"Dancing with the Stars" may welcome back its former contestants to the ballroom next season. Mario Lopez, who finished second in the third season of the reality show, has spilled the beans that an all-star edition of the dancing competition is being planned and he has been offered to participate.
"They're doing a Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars this next season," he told Kelly Ripa when guest hosting "Live! With Kelly" on Wednesday, April 25. "They called me to do it." On whether or not he will sign up for it, the "Extra" host said, "I just don't know how I'd be able to pull it off."
Lopez broke the news of the all-star season when he and Ripa were talking about Gladys Knight's elimination. "I thought she was doing amazing," so the Mike Hamoui of "Nip/Tuck" commented on the soul singer, who got the boot on Tuesday night.
A source told Gossip Cop that Lopez's statement was "premature," but said that a "DWTS" all-star edition is possible. ABC, meanwhile, has not released any words regarding the alleged plans for next season.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media