Coldplay Debut Tour Edition of 'Princess of China' Video Ft. Rihanna
Coldplay have finally revealed one of the videos filmed for their latest single "Princess of China". Solely taking its focus on their featured guest Rihanna, the clip is actually used as a backdrop when the band perform the single live at their ongoing tour.
The video features Riri flaunting her leg in a figure-hugged strapless black long dress with a thigh-high slit and putting her hair in an elaborate hairdo adorned by chopsticks. She's singing the hook while striking a goddess pose and gracefully moving her hands to the beat of the song.
"Princess of China" is lifted from Coldplay's fifth studio album "Mylo Xyloto", which has been released since October 2011. "Rihanna's bit on our record is my favorite bit," Chris Martin said. "When the song came out, it sort of asked for her to be on it. And I think at this point, we have nothing to lose, and so we've been trying some new things and trying to break down the perceived boundaries between different types of music."
Recalling how they approached Riri, the lead singer said, "It took a while to pluck up the courage to ask her. We did a show in Las Vegas and I met her and said, 'Do you think there's any chance?' I was very Hugh Grant-like and spluttering about it."
An official music video for the single is expected to be released sometime soon.
More Coldplay News
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date