Coldplay Debut Tour Edition of 'Princess of China' Video Ft. Rihanna
Coldplay have finally revealed one of the videos filmed for their latest single "Princess of China". Solely taking its focus on their featured guest Rihanna, the clip is actually used as a backdrop when the band perform the single live at their ongoing tour.
The video features Riri flaunting her leg in a figure-hugged strapless black long dress with a thigh-high slit and putting her hair in an elaborate hairdo adorned by chopsticks. She's singing the hook while striking a goddess pose and gracefully moving her hands to the beat of the song.
"Princess of China" is lifted from Coldplay's fifth studio album "Mylo Xyloto", which has been released since October 2011. "Rihanna's bit on our record is my favorite bit," Chris Martin said. "When the song came out, it sort of asked for her to be on it. And I think at this point, we have nothing to lose, and so we've been trying some new things and trying to break down the perceived boundaries between different types of music."
Recalling how they approached Riri, the lead singer said, "It took a while to pluck up the courage to ask her. We did a show in Las Vegas and I met her and said, 'Do you think there's any chance?' I was very Hugh Grant-like and spluttering about it."
An official music video for the single is expected to be released sometime soon.
Coldplay's "Princess of China" (feat. Rihanna) music video
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'