Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam to Headline Music Midtown Festival in Atlanta
This year's Music Midtown festival in Atlanta will feature performances by such rock bands as Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam. On Tuesday, April 24, the festival's organizers confirmed that the two veteran groups are all set to headline the upcoming 2-day concert to be held at Piedmont Park, Atlanta on September 21 and 22.
The Dave Grohl-fronted band will perform on day one, when such artists as Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, T.I., The Avett Brothers and Van Hunt also took the stage. The Eddie Vedder-fronted group will show up the following day during which Ludacris, Florence and the Machine, Girl Talk, Civil Twilight, L.P. and O'Brother are also lined up.
Speaking about this year's lineup, president of Live Nation Atlanta Peter Conlon told Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "The thing we didn't have time to do last year was [work on] diversification. This year we have a very diverse lineup." He added, "I also wanted an Atlanta feel because this is an Atlanta festival."
The 2012 Music Midtown marks the festival's second straight year after a five-year break. Last year, the festival was headlined by Coldplay and The Black Keys. Tickets for this year's gig will be available for purchase on April 28, starting at $100 for a two-day festival pass.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation