Armie Hammer, Ben Kingsley, John Malkovich Co-Starring in 'Cut Bank'
Indie crime drama "Cut Bank" will feature star-heavy ensemble cast including Armie Hammer, Ben Kingsley and John Malkovich. The trio of males will lead in the movie which script by Roberto Patino was lauded in the 2009 Black List.
In the official announcement on Tuesday, April 24, Entertainment One (eOne) announced, "We at eOne Films International are proud and delighted to be representing Cut Bank. It's rare to find a project that is such a compelling read with top notch cast and an exciting new director attached." Matt Shakman, who has directed episodes of "Mad Men" and "Six Feet Under" will make his feature debut.
The movie revolves around a young auto mechanic desperate to escape his hometown of Cut Bank, Mont. His attempts set in motion a series of events that will change his life, and the life of Cut Bank, forever. "Cut Bank is a clever morality tale, a visceral thriller and ultimately a surprising story of redemption," Shakman said. "John Ford by way of David Fincher. [It] offers a director's dream: a great visual world and a brilliant collection of characters to populate it."
Production will begin in fall and the movie will be launched at Cannes.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences