Nude Shot of Madonna Expected to Sell for Over $10K at Auction
A provocative photo of Madonna has been put up on sale. The black-and-white image featuring the Material Girl in the nude with just a strategically placed bed sheet to cover her bottom half will go up for auction at Bonham's in New York City on May 8. Fox News reported that it is expected to bring in over $10,000.
In the nude picture taken by fashion photographer Steven Meisel, the "Girl Gone Wild" singer sports bleach-blonde hair and dark eye make-up. She stares seductively into the camera as she places a lit cigarette into her mouth. The image was actually intended for her controversial 1992 book, "Sex", which contains a series of sexually provocative and explicit images.
Of the picture, Judith Eurich from the sale room told Daily Mail, "This is an absolutely stunning image and it is just a beautiful tone of grey. It is not just black and white it is grey and silvery. Madonna was posing for a number of photographers at the time this was taken in the 1990s when she was in her early 30s."
"She was going through a phase of having bleach blonde hair and heavy dark eye make-up that gave her a dramatic look - and of course she has a gorgeous body," Eurich continued. "She is a very healthy person and I'd imagine the cigarette is just a prop to make her look sexy and sultry. There are Madonna superfans and devotees across the world who would love to own it."
More Madonna News
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters