Nude Shot of Madonna Expected to Sell for Over $10K at Auction
A provocative photo of Madonna has been put up on sale. The black-and-white image featuring the Material Girl in the nude with just a strategically placed bed sheet to cover her bottom half will go up for auction at Bonham's in New York City on May 8. Fox News reported that it is expected to bring in over $10,000.
In the nude picture taken by fashion photographer Steven Meisel, the "Girl Gone Wild" singer sports bleach-blonde hair and dark eye make-up. She stares seductively into the camera as she places a lit cigarette into her mouth. The image was actually intended for her controversial 1992 book, "Sex", which contains a series of sexually provocative and explicit images.
Of the picture, Judith Eurich from the sale room told Daily Mail, "This is an absolutely stunning image and it is just a beautiful tone of grey. It is not just black and white it is grey and silvery. Madonna was posing for a number of photographers at the time this was taken in the 1990s when she was in her early 30s."
"She was going through a phase of having bleach blonde hair and heavy dark eye make-up that gave her a dramatic look - and of course she has a gorgeous body," Eurich continued. "She is a very healthy person and I'd imagine the cigarette is just a prop to make her look sexy and sultry. There are Madonna superfans and devotees across the world who would love to own it."
More Madonna News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?