Ashley Fink on Her 'Glee' Absence: Lauren's Somewhere in That School, but Not Televised
Ashley Fink hints that she won't return to "Glee" until the end of the current season 3. Asked about her character Lauren Zizes who is noticeably missing from the show since she quit New Directions in the third season premiere, the Carter McMahon of "Huge" said, "It is what it is."
"Lauren's somewhere in that school, she's just not on camera or being talked about," the 25-year-old actress went on telling The Insider when met at the weekend premiere of "Struck by Lightning" written by her "Glee" co-star Chris Colfer. "She's involved in activities that aren't televised."
Admitting she misses the "fun experience" of working on the show, Fink said she recently visited the set of the musical series. "I haven't heard anything from Ryan, but I visited [while they were filming] prom, so I got to see everybody, which was great," she shared.
Asked if she might be seen in the background in the upcoming episode, Fink replied, "No! Are you kidding me? I didn't have to be wearing a dress so I didn't wear one." The actress, who once landed a role in "Make It or Break It" pilot, seemingly understands why her character is no longer part of the "Glee" plot.
" 'Glee' is very much a fly by the seat of your pants [operation] in the way that best-laid plans never quite come together," she explained. "They have so many [characters] to take care of, and I think once they made the decision that all these characters were going to graduate, it shifted the way this season was going to go."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding