Ian Somerhalder 'Absolutely Interested' to Play Christian in 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Ever since it was announced that E.L. James' steamy novel "Fifty Shades of Grey" is set to be brought to the big screen, Ian Somerhalder has emerged as a popular suggestion to tackle the part of Christian Grey. Weighing in on the issue, Ian himself confessed that personally he is "absolutely" interested to play the wealthy entrepreneur.
Speaking to Ryan Seacrest in a radio interview, the Damon Salvatore of "The Vampire Diaries" gushed, "Oh goodness! Potentially. I absolutely would be up for that... Absolutely." He added, "That would be a pretty incredible thing. And hopefully that could pan out, I think. Yes, beyond the shadow of a doubt I think that would be a phenomenal opportunity!"
Asked if he has read the phenomenal book, the boyfriend of actress Nina Dobrev confessed, "I have the book and I just started reading it." The 33-year-old actor went on saying that he believes the big screen adaptation could be a big franchise. "It could be amazing. It could be very, very amazing," he enthused.
On whom he thinks is best to tackle the part of Anastasia Steele, Ian admitted that he has no idea about it. "My wheels, they're not turning, they're spinning. There are so many phenomenal actors right now. Ya know what, I'm going to think about that," he said diplomatically.
Being included in the New York Times bestseller list, "Fifty Shades of Grey" follows a 21-year-old female college student Anastasia, who has an S&M relationship with a wealthy entrepreneur named Christian. Their relationship deepens in the book's sequels, "Fifty Shades Darker" and "Fifty Shades Freed".
After being acquired by Universal Pictures and Focus Features last March, the book is still looking for a right director.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences