Ian Somerhalder 'Absolutely Interested' to Play Christian in 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Ever since it was announced that E.L. James' steamy novel "Fifty Shades of Grey" is set to be brought to the big screen, Ian Somerhalder has emerged as a popular suggestion to tackle the part of Christian Grey. Weighing in on the issue, Ian himself confessed that personally he is "absolutely" interested to play the wealthy entrepreneur.
Speaking to Ryan Seacrest in a radio interview, the Damon Salvatore of "The Vampire Diaries" gushed, "Oh goodness! Potentially. I absolutely would be up for that... Absolutely." He added, "That would be a pretty incredible thing. And hopefully that could pan out, I think. Yes, beyond the shadow of a doubt I think that would be a phenomenal opportunity!"
Asked if he has read the phenomenal book, the boyfriend of actress Nina Dobrev confessed, "I have the book and I just started reading it." The 33-year-old actor went on saying that he believes the big screen adaptation could be a big franchise. "It could be amazing. It could be very, very amazing," he enthused.
On whom he thinks is best to tackle the part of Anastasia Steele, Ian admitted that he has no idea about it. "My wheels, they're not turning, they're spinning. There are so many phenomenal actors right now. Ya know what, I'm going to think about that," he said diplomatically.
Being included in the New York Times bestseller list, "Fifty Shades of Grey" follows a 21-year-old female college student Anastasia, who has an S&M relationship with a wealthy entrepreneur named Christian. Their relationship deepens in the book's sequels, "Fifty Shades Darker" and "Fifty Shades Freed".
After being acquired by Universal Pictures and Focus Features last March, the book is still looking for a right director.
More Fifty Shades of Grey News
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy