'Liz and Dick' Executive Producer: Lindsay Lohan Is Perfect for Elizabeth Taylor Role
The deal is officially sealed for Lindsay Lohan to star in Lifetime's movie "Liz & Dick". As it was long speculated, the 25-year-old actress will portray Elizabeth Taylor in the biopic which focuses on the late movie icon's romance with Richard Burton.
"We are thrilled Lindsay will portray beloved Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor," said Rob Sharenow, Executive Vice President, Programming, of Lifetime Networks, in a statement. "She is one of the rare actresses who possesses the talent, beauty and intrigue to capture the spirit of such a provocative icon."
Lohan herself felt very honored to be asked to play Taylor. She said, "I have always admired and had enormous respect for Elizabeth Taylor. She was not only an incredible actress but an amazing woman as well."
Insisting that the "Labor Pains" actress is the right choice for the biopic despite her personal troubles, executive producer Larry A. Thompson told E! Online, "We truly feel that Lindsay Lohan is perfect for Elizabeth Taylor for our movie....I think Lindsay - who is very gifted - deserved another chance. We never, of three pages of 'what if's' in the negotiation, there never was 'what if she can't act.' We know she can act."
"We have wanted Lindsay from day one," he went on sharing. "We could hire actresses that would be great and people would watch it, but I think that Lindsay brings to Elizabeth Taylor and to our project that sparkle of magic, that sparkle of today."
"She is today what Elizabeth Taylor was in her life during the time that our movie will cover. I think, while there are a lot of people who know Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, Lindsay will bring a young audience to our movie who might not otherwise know who they are," the executive producer of Lifetime's record-breaking telepic "Amish Grace" added.
"Liz & Dick" will begin filming in early June in Los Angeles and is slated to be premiered in October. The part of Burton is yet to be cast and no director has been hired for the TV movie.
The project marks Lohan's latest acting stint since making a comeback after completing her house arrest and community service. She hosted "Saturday Night Live" in February and is set to guest star on "Glee".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed