Pics: Katy Perry Snapped Kissing and Hugging Robert Ackroyd at Coachella
Katy Perry has found a new man in her life, and she's not afraid of flaunting her affection to him in public. The "Part of Me" hitmaker was caught on camera on Sunday, April 22 passionately kissing Florence and the Machine's guitarist Robert Ackroyd while at 2012 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
The estranged wife of Russell Brand donned purple high-waisted shorts and a matching sheer blouse for the summer festival, while her male companion sported casual look with a white T-shirt and jeans. Looking carefree, the twosome were all smiles as they hugged, kissed and swayed to music in the crowd.
Words are, Perry and Ackroyd were also together at Coachella last weekend. A source told Life & Style, "Backstage at the Artist Lounge at Coachella last weekend, Katy kept saying her boyfriend was the guitar player for Florence + the Machine. She and a bunch of friends were supposed to go see Dr. Dre together, but Katy said she was waiting to watch her boyfriend perform!"
On April 15, the twosome reportedly watched Rihanna perform during Calvin Harris' set together. A friend of Perry, however, told Us Weekly, "Katy's been trying to get [Russell] back! She's a lost soul right now. Right now, Katy and Russell are trying to get to the point where they can at least be friends."
Perry separated from husband of 14 months, Brand, after the "Rock of Ages" actor filed for divorce in December 2011. The pair reached a divorce settlement, and were granted a divorce by a Los Angeles judge in February this year. Their divorce will become final in July after the six-month waiting period required by California law.
More Katy Perry News
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner