Demi Lovato Opens Up How She Fell Into Temptation of Drug Use
Demi Lovato continues to disclose secrets about her dark past. Though hesitant in providing details, the "Give Your Heart a Break" singer opened up in a new interview with Fabulous magazine about how bullying and loneliness led her to seek solace in drugs. "It's something I don't really want to talk about," she at first admitted.
"What I can say is that I was depressed. I would come off stage in front of 18,000 people and suddenly be alone in a hotel room. I'd come crashing down and would try to find a way to recreate that feeling, to stay 'up'," the 19-year-old further spilled before revealing that it wasn't hard for her to get illegal substances. "Promoters gave me drugs and alcohol in restaurants or clubs."
"They wanted me to come back so I would be seen there. They were basically kissing my ass," she went on to note. "I thought they were my friends. I thought I was having fun. Being a celebrity can be dangerous. Nobody says 'no'. That's why so many end up overdosing and dying. It could definitely have happened to me."
In the chat, the former star of "Sonny with a Chance" also confessed that seeking treatment in rehab "wasn't my idea, but I didn't fight it." Recalling her three-month stint at the Timberline Knolls facility in Illinois, she said, "It was really, really hard and scary. I was homesick and lonely and several times I thought f*** it, I'm leaving. But my mum told me I would regret it. This was my only chance."
Now being a size 10-12, Lovato admitted that "it was terrifying being heavier" especially after being thin for so long. Though so, she has learned to embrace being "a naturally curvy Hispanic girl," explaining, "I don't deprive myself - I had a Kit Kat last night, but I don't eat s*** every day. I have a meal service that brings my food to my home so I don't have to think about being healthy."
More Demi Lovato News
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen