Warner Bros. to Preview 'The Hobbit' at 2012 CinemaCon
Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is set to be previewed at the 2012 CinemaCon. According to The Hollywood Reporter, up to 10 minutes of the highly anticipated epic movie will be shown in 3D at 48 frames per second during a Warner Bros. Pictures' presentation at the event on Tuesday, April 24.
During the annual event, which will kick off on Monday at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, the sneak peek of "The Hobbit" will be screened using a Christie projector with the RealD 3D system. The movie itself will become the first major motion picture to be made at the HFR of 48 fps, though it will also be available in 24 fps.
THR also reported that some HFR-related announcements are expected to be shared at CinemaScore, as digital cinema equipment manufacturers are working to be able to support whatever the demand might be from exhibitors and studios.
"The Hobbit" will join some other movies which are scheduled to be previewed at the annual gathering event of theater owners. Several major studios will also unveil clips of their forthcoming release. Among those included on the lineup was Lionsgate Films and Summit Entertainment's star-studded comedy "What to Expect When You're Expecting".
Additionally, this year's CinemaCon is set to honor a number of actors, including Josh Hutcherson, Chloe Moretz, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Jennifer Garner, Taylor Kitsch, Charlize Theron, Anna Faris, Diego Boneta, Jeremy Renner and Judd Apatow.
As for "The Hobbit", the fantasy movie is scheduled to open wide in the U.S. on December 14. There have been some speculations that suggest the film's 48fps trailer will be unveiled as early as July.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed