Video: Keith Urban Gets Teary During Grand Ole Opry Induction
Keith Urban was overwhelmed with emotion when being inducted as a newest member of Grand Ole Opry during a concert recently. The Australian-born singer was introduced by Opry General Manager Pete Fisher and Opry members Trace Adkins and Josh Turner. He couldn't held back his tears when delivering his acceptance speech in front of his fans.
"Thank you," Urban said while proudly raising his trophy for the crowd to see. "It means everything to me." He credited his parents for introducing him to country music and gave a shout-out to his actress wife Nicole Kidman and daughter Sunday Rose. Dedicating the honor to the fans, He additionally said, "This relationship I have with you guys is like family."
"It is like family in a sense that we're growing up together and we're going through all kind of stuffs," he went on. "The song that we do, you find connection with, but you've got to understand that those stories you tell me about mean so much to me and the fact that you love music the way you do, that touches me and inspires me to keep going. So I wanna share this with all of you tonight."
The country music star, who became the first non-North American artist to receive the honor, paused briefly to wipe his teary eyes before continuing, "It's a long way from Caboolture [Queensland, Australia] to the stage here." He added, "To stand in this circle is the most phenomenal thing." Most importantly, "this is a responsibility that I take deep to the heart of me," he chimed in.
One of Urban's best country music buddies Trace Adkins congratulated him via a video message. "I'm so absolutely thrilled [for you]," he said. "It's about time. I wondered for so long why you weren't a member and I found out why actually." He joked, "You can't have hair past your collar. That was in the rule, so I said [to the committee], 'look, you've gotta change this and we've gotta get this more modernized'."
More Keith Urban News
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR