Video: The Black Keys Pay Tribute to Levon Helm at Coachella
Although lineup of the second weekend on Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival was pretty much the same as that of the first weekend, there were some highlights that couldn't be found on the first weekend. One of them was The Black Keys paying tribute to Levon Helm, who passed away earlier that week.
The band's singer/guitarist Dan Auerbach called The Band's late star "an inspiration." He added, "Tonight, we're gonna play one of his songs," before inviting John Fogerty to join them on stage. They collaborated in delivering "The Weight", a song written by Robbie Robertson and released by The Band in 1968.
Levon Helm passed away on Thursday, April 19 afternoon at the age of 71 after losing a battle against throat cancer. The Black Keys' member Patrick Carney was one of the musicians who was quick to react to the sad news. On Twitter, the drummer wrote, "[He's] one of the best singers and drummers and it all is sad."
At the Coachella itself, a bunch of performers including Radiohead, The Shins, Kaiser Chiefs and David Guetta rocked the event. Meanwhile, the likes of Joe Jonas, Richie Sambora, Alexander Skarsgard, Nikki Reed, Paris Hilton, Alicia Silverstone, Katy Perry and Penn Badgley were spotted among the crowd.
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full