Video: The Black Keys Pay Tribute to Levon Helm at Coachella
Although lineup of the second weekend on Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival was pretty much the same as that of the first weekend, there were some highlights that couldn't be found on the first weekend. One of them was The Black Keys paying tribute to Levon Helm, who passed away earlier that week.
The band's singer/guitarist Dan Auerbach called The Band's late star "an inspiration." He added, "Tonight, we're gonna play one of his songs," before inviting John Fogerty to join them on stage. They collaborated in delivering "The Weight", a song written by Robbie Robertson and released by The Band in 1968.
Levon Helm passed away on Thursday, April 19 afternoon at the age of 71 after losing a battle against throat cancer. The Black Keys' member Patrick Carney was one of the musicians who was quick to react to the sad news. On Twitter, the drummer wrote, "[He's] one of the best singers and drummers and it all is sad."
At the Coachella itself, a bunch of performers including Radiohead, The Shins, Kaiser Chiefs and David Guetta rocked the event. Meanwhile, the likes of Joe Jonas, Richie Sambora, Alexander Skarsgard, Nikki Reed, Paris Hilton, Alicia Silverstone, Katy Perry and Penn Badgley were spotted among the crowd.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage