'Amazing Race' Recap: Mark and Bopper Almost Give Up Bollywood Dance
The remaining five teams on "The Amazing Race" season 20 moved to another continent in the ninth leg. From Tanzania, they took a flight to Cochin, India. Bopper, who hurt his leg before arriving at the pit stop last week, was allowed to continue the race. He and team mate Mark left first, but it's Vanessa and Ralph who arrived first and took the lead.
From Coachin, teams had to take a bus to the Sacred Heart College, Thevera. There, they faced Roadblock which told them to participate in a Bollywood movie dance routine. Rachel B. nailed it on the first try. Vanessa completed the Detour on the third try, Rachel R. and JJ nailed it on the fourth try, but Mark was still struggling to get a thumb up from the lead choreographer.
Next, the teams headed to Indian Coffee House for Detour. The choice was between Cricket and Clutch It. In Cricket, both team members had to hit one ball past a professional player. In Clutch It, they had to learn how to drive a three-wheeled vehicle and drive people around a training course.
Dave and Rachel B. opted for Clutch It and they finished the task first ahead of other teams. They headed to the pit stop at the Bolgatty Palace and were announced the winner in this leg. They won a trip for two to Saint Lucia.
Rachel R. and Brendon, who chose to do Cricket, completed the Detour in second place and arrived at the pit stop as team number two. Arriving after them were Art and JJ, followed by Vanessa and Ralph.
Meanwhile, Mark and Bopper were still stuck in Roadblock with the former almost giving up after 11 failed attempts. Bopper and the dance instructor finally convinced Mark to do it once again, and he completed on the twelfth try.
They did Clutch It in Detour and headed to the pit stop after completing it. Host Phil Keoghan announced they were the last team to arrive, but they could still continue the race because it was a non-elimination leg. It marked the second time they escaped elimination after being in the same situation in the fourth leg.
More The Amazing Race News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama