23rd GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, 'Modern Family', Josh Hutcherson
The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) organization gave out its second wave of honors this year in a ceremony held in Los Angeles on Saturday, April 21. The event saw Chaz Bono coming home with two prizes, one for his reality show and the other for himself.
Bono was joined by directors Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato when receiving the Outstanding Documentary for OWN's "Becoming Chaz". And he was solo when taking the Stephen F. Kolzak Award, which is presented annually to an openly lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender media professional who has made a significant difference in promoting equality. His mother Cher was the one handing out the prize, accompanied by Rep. Mary Bono Mack.
"Modern Family" was triumphant in the category of Outstanding Comedy Series. Star Jesse Tyler Ferguson accepted the honor on behalf of the series. Other winners in the TV categories are "Drop Dead Diva" and "Hot in Cleveland". Over at the feature film field, "Beginners" was honored as Outstanding Film Wide Release.
Josh Hutcherson of "The Hunger Games" received Vanguard Award, which is presented to media professionals who have increased the visibility and understanding of the LGBT community. Hutcherson found Straight But Not Narrow, an organization which supports equality for all.
There will be another award-giving ceremony on June 2 in San Francisco with Dianna Agron as host. The winners can be seen at the official site.
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set