23rd GLAAD Media Awards Honor Chaz Bono, 'Modern Family', Josh Hutcherson
The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) organization gave out its second wave of honors this year in a ceremony held in Los Angeles on Saturday, April 21. The event saw Chaz Bono coming home with two prizes, one for his reality show and the other for himself.
Bono was joined by directors Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato when receiving the Outstanding Documentary for OWN's "Becoming Chaz". And he was solo when taking the Stephen F. Kolzak Award, which is presented annually to an openly lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender media professional who has made a significant difference in promoting equality. His mother Cher was the one handing out the prize, accompanied by Rep. Mary Bono Mack.
"Modern Family" was triumphant in the category of Outstanding Comedy Series. Star Jesse Tyler Ferguson accepted the honor on behalf of the series. Other winners in the TV categories are "Drop Dead Diva" and "Hot in Cleveland". Over at the feature film field, "Beginners" was honored as Outstanding Film Wide Release.
Josh Hutcherson of "The Hunger Games" received Vanguard Award, which is presented to media professionals who have increased the visibility and understanding of the LGBT community. Hutcherson found Straight But Not Narrow, an organization which supports equality for all.
There will be another award-giving ceremony on June 2 in San Francisco with Dianna Agron as host. The winners can be seen at the official site.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie