Carey Mulligan Marries Marcus Mumford in English Countryside
Carey Mulligan reportedly has swapped wedding vows with Marcus Mumford of the Mumford & Sons over the weekend. Following rumors in the media earlier this week, the actress married her boyfriend of nine months in an English countryside surrounded by friends and family.
According to Us Weekly's source, the couple's wedding ceremony took place on Saturday, April 21 at a farm in Somerset, England in front of approximately 100 guests. Among the celebrities who attended the nuptials were Sienna Miller, Colin Firth and Jake Gyllenhaal, the latest of whom was romantically linked to Mulligan after her breakup from actor Shia LaBeouf.
There was a rumor that Adele was asked to sing at their wedding. A source told The Sun, "Carey and Marcus are both huge fans of Adele and there will be millions of couples jealous that she is singing for them. Adele has always wanted to work with Mumford And Sons so when Marcus asked her to play at his wedding she said yes."
Mulligan and Mumford began seeing each other in February 2011 and officially started dating in April that year. He proposed to her five months later.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!