Carey Mulligan Marries Marcus Mumford in English Countryside
Carey Mulligan reportedly has swapped wedding vows with Marcus Mumford of the Mumford & Sons over the weekend. Following rumors in the media earlier this week, the actress married her boyfriend of nine months in an English countryside surrounded by friends and family.
According to Us Weekly's source, the couple's wedding ceremony took place on Saturday, April 21 at a farm in Somerset, England in front of approximately 100 guests. Among the celebrities who attended the nuptials were Sienna Miller, Colin Firth and Jake Gyllenhaal, the latest of whom was romantically linked to Mulligan after her breakup from actor Shia LaBeouf.
There was a rumor that Adele was asked to sing at their wedding. A source told The Sun, "Carey and Marcus are both huge fans of Adele and there will be millions of couples jealous that she is singing for them. Adele has always wanted to work with Mumford And Sons so when Marcus asked her to play at his wedding she said yes."
Mulligan and Mumford began seeing each other in February 2011 and officially started dating in April that year. He proposed to her five months later.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo