One Direction Radio Ban Continues Following Speech Blunder at BRIT Awards
It's been two months since One Direction made a speech blunder at BRIT Awards, but they are still not getting any airplay from Capital FM and Heart FM. Last February, the boyband angered people at the two radio stations after Harry Styles mistakenly thanked BBC Radio 1 for their Best British Single win instead of crediting Capital and Heart listeners who voted for them.
After learning about the mistake, they quickly issued an apology, "One Direction forgot to thank the Capital Radio listeners last night when picking up their BRIT Award for Best British Single. This was an oversight as the boys were caught up in the excitement of winning. The band would like take this opportunity to thank Capital Radio and all their listeners for their support and for voting for them."
However, global executive president and founder of the Global Radio stations Ashley Tabor was already fuming over the error and immediately ordered all One Direction songs to be deleted from their playlists. "On the night of the Brits there was an email to on-air teams saying to remove One Direction songs from music logs and to not talk about them," a source told Radio Today.
Furthermore, Capital FM suspiciously did not cover the news about the band's big achievement on Billboard Hot 200 when the boys bowed at No. 1 and became the first ever U.K. group to top the list, despite the fact that it was all over the web. "It's as if they no longer exist at Capital," the source said.
When asked about the matter, a rep for Global Radio said, "We never comment on playlist decisions."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal