Jennie Garth Avoids 'Scandalous' Affairs in Her New Reality Show
Gearing up for the debut of her new reality TV show, Jennie Garth promises it won't turn off audience with anything "scandalous and gross." She explains to CMT, "It's a really sweet, heartfelt show, and it shows a part of me that's very vulnerable and real."
The former "Beverly Hills, 90210" star continues, "I just needed to slow it down for a little bit. As much as I love L.A. and I love what I do, I wanted to focus on my girls. I love nature and I love being in the country, so I just kind of wanted to have that for them for a while."
Jennie celebrated the premiere of the show and her 40th birthday at a party taking place at the London West Hollywood on Thursday night, April 19. She's joined by her former "90210" co-stars Shannen Doherty and Ian Ziering among other close friends.
"Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country" will premiere Friday, April 20 at 9 P.M. ET on CMT. It will revolve around her life after she split from Peter Facinelli and will follow her as she moves her family to a California farm to escape the glamorous lifestyle in Los Angeles.
"When I moved out of town, I decided that I needed to do some sort of creative thing. This was just an opportunity for me to do something to show my fans a different side of me," she gushes. "So, it's just an opportunity for people to see me in a different light and maybe a very similar light to their own."
Although the show deals with her life post split from the "Twilight" actor, he himself won't appear in it. "I'm open and honest and I have no problem talking about things and sharing my experiences with other people. He might not feel that way; he might want to keep a lower profile, apparently. But, we're different," she explains.
Talking about the divorce, Jennie opens up that his heavy workload played part in their separation. "He was away working, so were up there hiding out, waiting for him to finish his films. Us girls kind of felt safer being on our own up there, and it was difficult for him to travel back and forth," she says. "It had gotten really, um, probably very difficult for him to do that, so that was an added strain."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns