Tyra Banks Confirms the Exit of 'America's Next Top Model' Three Longtime Co-Stars
"America's Next Top Model" is undergoing a big shakeup as it is gearing up to launch its new season next fall. On Thursday, April 19, executive producer/host Tyra Banks confirmed that longtime co-stars Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel are leaving the show.
"Fierce & love 2 my @NigelBarker, @MrJayManuel & Miss J. #ANTM turned us in2 a family. Excited for what the future holds for us," so the model wrote to address the departures. Showing that he has no hard feelings, Barker replied, "@tyrabanks best of luck with cycle 19, It has been a pleasure working with you the past 8 years. Much love Nigel."
Fashion photographer Barker joined the show as a judge since the first season, Alexander had been a runaway coach since the second season, while photo shoot director Manuel appeared in every episode since the inaugural season. According to the New York Post, the trio's contracts are not being renewed.
"ANTM" is currently airing its 18th cycle which pits seven models from previous seasons of "Britain's Next Top Model" against seven American model hopefuls. The next season will feature fresh talent scouted from campuses across the nation.
- Britney Spears Breaks Silence on Her Boyfriend Sam Asghari: 'He Is Really Cute'
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'