Tyra Banks Confirms the Exit of 'America's Next Top Model' Three Longtime Co-Stars
"America's Next Top Model" is undergoing a big shakeup as it is gearing up to launch its new season next fall. On Thursday, April 19, executive producer/host Tyra Banks confirmed that longtime co-stars Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel are leaving the show.
"Fierce & love 2 my @NigelBarker, @MrJayManuel & Miss J. #ANTM turned us in2 a family. Excited for what the future holds for us," so the model wrote to address the departures. Showing that he has no hard feelings, Barker replied, "@tyrabanks best of luck with cycle 19, It has been a pleasure working with you the past 8 years. Much love Nigel."
Fashion photographer Barker joined the show as a judge since the first season, Alexander had been a runaway coach since the second season, while photo shoot director Manuel appeared in every episode since the inaugural season. According to the New York Post, the trio's contracts are not being renewed.
"ANTM" is currently airing its 18th cycle which pits seven models from previous seasons of "Britain's Next Top Model" against seven American model hopefuls. The next season will feature fresh talent scouted from campuses across the nation.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones