Tyra Banks Confirms the Exit of 'America's Next Top Model' Three Longtime Co-Stars
"America's Next Top Model" is undergoing a big shakeup as it is gearing up to launch its new season next fall. On Thursday, April 19, executive producer/host Tyra Banks confirmed that longtime co-stars Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel are leaving the show.
"Fierce & love 2 my @NigelBarker, @MrJayManuel & Miss J. #ANTM turned us in2 a family. Excited for what the future holds for us," so the model wrote to address the departures. Showing that he has no hard feelings, Barker replied, "@tyrabanks best of luck with cycle 19, It has been a pleasure working with you the past 8 years. Much love Nigel."
Fashion photographer Barker joined the show as a judge since the first season, Alexander had been a runaway coach since the second season, while photo shoot director Manuel appeared in every episode since the inaugural season. According to the New York Post, the trio's contracts are not being renewed.
"ANTM" is currently airing its 18th cycle which pits seven models from previous seasons of "Britain's Next Top Model" against seven American model hopefuls. The next season will feature fresh talent scouted from campuses across the nation.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed