Tyra Banks Confirms the Exit of 'America's Next Top Model' Three Longtime Co-Stars
"America's Next Top Model" is undergoing a big shakeup as it is gearing up to launch its new season next fall. On Thursday, April 19, executive producer/host Tyra Banks confirmed that longtime co-stars Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel are leaving the show.
"Fierce & love 2 my @NigelBarker, @MrJayManuel & Miss J. #ANTM turned us in2 a family. Excited for what the future holds for us," so the model wrote to address the departures. Showing that he has no hard feelings, Barker replied, "@tyrabanks best of luck with cycle 19, It has been a pleasure working with you the past 8 years. Much love Nigel."
Fashion photographer Barker joined the show as a judge since the first season, Alexander had been a runaway coach since the second season, while photo shoot director Manuel appeared in every episode since the inaugural season. According to the New York Post, the trio's contracts are not being renewed.
"ANTM" is currently airing its 18th cycle which pits seven models from previous seasons of "Britain's Next Top Model" against seven American model hopefuls. The next season will feature fresh talent scouted from campuses across the nation.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday