Tyra Banks Confirms the Exit of 'America's Next Top Model' Three Longtime Co-Stars
"America's Next Top Model" is undergoing a big shakeup as it is gearing up to launch its new season next fall. On Thursday, April 19, executive producer/host Tyra Banks confirmed that longtime co-stars Nigel Barker, J. Alexander and Jay Manuel are leaving the show.
"Fierce & love 2 my @NigelBarker, @MrJayManuel & Miss J. #ANTM turned us in2 a family. Excited for what the future holds for us," so the model wrote to address the departures. Showing that he has no hard feelings, Barker replied, "@tyrabanks best of luck with cycle 19, It has been a pleasure working with you the past 8 years. Much love Nigel."
Fashion photographer Barker joined the show as a judge since the first season, Alexander had been a runaway coach since the second season, while photo shoot director Manuel appeared in every episode since the inaugural season. According to the New York Post, the trio's contracts are not being renewed.
"ANTM" is currently airing its 18th cycle which pits seven models from previous seasons of "Britain's Next Top Model" against seven American model hopefuls. The next season will feature fresh talent scouted from campuses across the nation.
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London