Marina and the Diamonds Answers Justin Bieber's 'Boyfriend' in Cover Song
Marina and the Diamonds covers Justin Bieber's hit single "Boyfriend" when stopping by BBC Radio 1 Lounge, but she gives her cover version a twist. In addition to stripping it down to acoustic, she changes the lyrics and uses the altered verses to answer what the Canadian singer sings in the original song.
While Bieber coos, "If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go," Marina croons, "When I was your girlfriend, you always let me go." She continues, "Kept me on your arm boy, so you weren't left alone/ You could have been a better man, anytime you want/ But when I was your girlfriend, I always felt alone."
To reply his plea in the bridge, "So give me a chance, 'cause you're all I need girl," Marina sings her own version of lyrics, "I gave you a chance, you're all I needed, boy/ Spend a month with me boy, never calling me your girlfriend/ If you were my man, I'd never leave you, boy/ But you won't ever love or treat me right."
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day