Marina and the Diamonds Answers Justin Bieber's 'Boyfriend' in Cover Song
Marina and the Diamonds covers Justin Bieber's hit single "Boyfriend" when stopping by BBC Radio 1 Lounge, but she gives her cover version a twist. In addition to stripping it down to acoustic, she changes the lyrics and uses the altered verses to answer what the Canadian singer sings in the original song.
While Bieber coos, "If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go," Marina croons, "When I was your girlfriend, you always let me go." She continues, "Kept me on your arm boy, so you weren't left alone/ You could have been a better man, anytime you want/ But when I was your girlfriend, I always felt alone."
To reply his plea in the bridge, "So give me a chance, 'cause you're all I need girl," Marina sings her own version of lyrics, "I gave you a chance, you're all I needed, boy/ Spend a month with me boy, never calling me your girlfriend/ If you were my man, I'd never leave you, boy/ But you won't ever love or treat me right."
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?