Marina and the Diamonds Answers Justin Bieber's 'Boyfriend' in Cover Song
Marina and the Diamonds covers Justin Bieber's hit single "Boyfriend" when stopping by BBC Radio 1 Lounge, but she gives her cover version a twist. In addition to stripping it down to acoustic, she changes the lyrics and uses the altered verses to answer what the Canadian singer sings in the original song.
While Bieber coos, "If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go," Marina croons, "When I was your girlfriend, you always let me go." She continues, "Kept me on your arm boy, so you weren't left alone/ You could have been a better man, anytime you want/ But when I was your girlfriend, I always felt alone."
To reply his plea in the bridge, "So give me a chance, 'cause you're all I need girl," Marina sings her own version of lyrics, "I gave you a chance, you're all I needed, boy/ Spend a month with me boy, never calling me your girlfriend/ If you were my man, I'd never leave you, boy/ But you won't ever love or treat me right."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'