'Weeds' Season 8 Teaser Celebrates Cannabis Counterculture
It's still months away from the return date of "Weeds", but Showtime has debuted a teaser for the upcoming eighth season. Not sharing any new footage, the video is made to wish a "happy 4/20", a term closely related to cannabis subculture as well as the show's plot.
In it, the likes of Doug, Silas and Shane are looking ecstatic while being surrounded by floating money and leaves. Nancy, meanwhile, does not appear until the end of the video in which she gives a mysterious gaze.
"4/20" itself is a codeword first used by teenagers in San Rafael, California in 1971 which means pot-smoking in general. April 20 has since evolved into a counterculture holiday, where people gather to celebrate and consume cannabis.
"Weeds" season 8 will premiere Sunday, July 1 at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT on Showtime.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction