'Weeds' Season 8 Teaser Celebrates Cannabis Counterculture
It's still months away from the return date of "Weeds", but Showtime has debuted a teaser for the upcoming eighth season. Not sharing any new footage, the video is made to wish a "happy 4/20", a term closely related to cannabis subculture as well as the show's plot.
In it, the likes of Doug, Silas and Shane are looking ecstatic while being surrounded by floating money and leaves. Nancy, meanwhile, does not appear until the end of the video in which she gives a mysterious gaze.
"4/20" itself is a codeword first used by teenagers in San Rafael, California in 1971 which means pot-smoking in general. April 20 has since evolved into a counterculture holiday, where people gather to celebrate and consume cannabis.
"Weeds" season 8 will premiere Sunday, July 1 at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT on Showtime.
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub