First Look at Skinny Anne Hathaway as Fantine on 'Les Miserables' Set
After debuting her super short pixie cut for her role as Fantine in "Les Miserables", Anne Hathaway has finally been spotted slipping into the factory worker's garb on the movie's set. The Selina Kyle of "The Dark Knight Rises" donned a pale lilac short-sleeved dress during the production in London, U.K. on Wednesday, April 18.
Joining the 29-year-old beauty during the filming was Hugh Jackman who sported unruly grey hair as he portrays Jean Valjean. Standing side by side on a balcony, the two actors appeared to be singing in the scenes. In between takes, the "Alice in Wonderland" star kept herself warm under a black jacket.
Hathaway underwent a drastic makeover to play Fantine in the movie adaptation of the famous play. Not only did she chop her long dark hair super short, but she also lost weight to support her portrayal of the dying prostitute.
However, the Emmy-winning actress shot down rumors that she engaged in a crash-diet. "She is losing weight for the part, but not that much. Just enough for her to look more frail," her representative said in response to reports that she dropped 16 pounds.
"Les Miserables" itself centers on the struggle by ex-con Valjean to outrun his past and his relentless pursuer Javert. Tom Hooper tackles the helming duty with Russell Crowe, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter joining the cast ensemble. The musical film is due December 14 in the U.S. theaters.
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It