First Look at Skinny Anne Hathaway as Fantine on 'Les Miserables' Set
After debuting her super short pixie cut for her role as Fantine in "Les Miserables", Anne Hathaway has finally been spotted slipping into the factory worker's garb on the movie's set. The Selina Kyle of "The Dark Knight Rises" donned a pale lilac short-sleeved dress during the production in London, U.K. on Wednesday, April 18.
Joining the 29-year-old beauty during the filming was Hugh Jackman who sported unruly grey hair as he portrays Jean Valjean. Standing side by side on a balcony, the two actors appeared to be singing in the scenes. In between takes, the "Alice in Wonderland" star kept herself warm under a black jacket.
Hathaway underwent a drastic makeover to play Fantine in the movie adaptation of the famous play. Not only did she chop her long dark hair super short, but she also lost weight to support her portrayal of the dying prostitute.
However, the Emmy-winning actress shot down rumors that she engaged in a crash-diet. "She is losing weight for the part, but not that much. Just enough for her to look more frail," her representative said in response to reports that she dropped 16 pounds.
"Les Miserables" itself centers on the struggle by ex-con Valjean to outrun his past and his relentless pursuer Javert. Tom Hooper tackles the helming duty with Russell Crowe, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter joining the cast ensemble. The musical film is due December 14 in the U.S. theaters.
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'