Jake Gyllenhaal Is a Drifter in His First U.S. Off-Broadway Play
Jake Gyllenhaal has signed up to star in an off-Broadway play titled "If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet". It is a comedy drama from Roundabout Theatre Company which is scheduled to open September 20 at the Laura Pels Theatre in New York.
The play was written by British playwright Nick Payne, centering on a 15-year-old girl with a weight problem. Anna gets bullied at her school for her weight so her mother transfers her to the school where she teaches, only to make things worse. Gyllenhaal is set to play the girl's estranged uncle, a heartbroken drifter who arrives at her home unannounced and forms an unlikely friendship.
The play, which is directed by Michael Longhurst, begins previews on August 24. The rest of the cast will be announced soon. It was a critical hit when it premiered at London's Bush Theatre three years ago.
Gyllenhaal had taken the stage play before in London but this would be his first in U.S. He starred in Kenneth Lonergan's "This Is Our Youth" in 2002 alongside Hayden Christensen and Anna Paquin.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support