Jake Gyllenhaal Is a Drifter in His First U.S. Off-Broadway Play
Jake Gyllenhaal has signed up to star in an off-Broadway play titled "If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet". It is a comedy drama from Roundabout Theatre Company which is scheduled to open September 20 at the Laura Pels Theatre in New York.
The play was written by British playwright Nick Payne, centering on a 15-year-old girl with a weight problem. Anna gets bullied at her school for her weight so her mother transfers her to the school where she teaches, only to make things worse. Gyllenhaal is set to play the girl's estranged uncle, a heartbroken drifter who arrives at her home unannounced and forms an unlikely friendship.
The play, which is directed by Michael Longhurst, begins previews on August 24. The rest of the cast will be announced soon. It was a critical hit when it premiered at London's Bush Theatre three years ago.
Gyllenhaal had taken the stage play before in London but this would be his first in U.S. He starred in Kenneth Lonergan's "This Is Our Youth" in 2002 alongside Hayden Christensen and Anna Paquin.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri