Jake Gyllenhaal Is a Drifter in His First U.S. Off-Broadway Play
Jake Gyllenhaal has signed up to star in an off-Broadway play titled "If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet". It is a comedy drama from Roundabout Theatre Company which is scheduled to open September 20 at the Laura Pels Theatre in New York.
The play was written by British playwright Nick Payne, centering on a 15-year-old girl with a weight problem. Anna gets bullied at her school for her weight so her mother transfers her to the school where she teaches, only to make things worse. Gyllenhaal is set to play the girl's estranged uncle, a heartbroken drifter who arrives at her home unannounced and forms an unlikely friendship.
The play, which is directed by Michael Longhurst, begins previews on August 24. The rest of the cast will be announced soon. It was a critical hit when it premiered at London's Bush Theatre three years ago.
Gyllenhaal had taken the stage play before in London but this would be his first in U.S. He starred in Kenneth Lonergan's "This Is Our Youth" in 2002 alongside Hayden Christensen and Anna Paquin.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars