Jake Gyllenhaal Is a Drifter in His First U.S. Off-Broadway Play
Jake Gyllenhaal has signed up to star in an off-Broadway play titled "If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet". It is a comedy drama from Roundabout Theatre Company which is scheduled to open September 20 at the Laura Pels Theatre in New York.
The play was written by British playwright Nick Payne, centering on a 15-year-old girl with a weight problem. Anna gets bullied at her school for her weight so her mother transfers her to the school where she teaches, only to make things worse. Gyllenhaal is set to play the girl's estranged uncle, a heartbroken drifter who arrives at her home unannounced and forms an unlikely friendship.
The play, which is directed by Michael Longhurst, begins previews on August 24. The rest of the cast will be announced soon. It was a critical hit when it premiered at London's Bush Theatre three years ago.
Gyllenhaal had taken the stage play before in London but this would be his first in U.S. He starred in Kenneth Lonergan's "This Is Our Youth" in 2002 alongside Hayden Christensen and Anna Paquin.
More Jake Gyllenhaal News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App