Lil Scrappy 'Damn Near Died' Due to Severe Asthma Attack
Lil Scrappy has been treated and released from a hospital recently. The Atlanta rapper, whose real name is Darryl Kevin Richardson II, was rushed to Emory University Hospital on Tuesday, April 17 morning after suffering a severe asthma attack. About his health scare, he told TMZ, "I damn near died."
The 28-year-old MC, who has worked with the likes of Lil Jon, 50 Cent, Ludacris and Three 6 Mafia, confessed that he had been partying hard the night before his hospitalization. When he woke up on Tuesday, he could barely breathe and couldn't talk. "I felt like I was dying," he recalled.
Fortunately for Scrappy, there were people around. "If it weren't for my driver, mom, and rap artist I would have been dead," he said. Because of the health scare, the rapper who collaborates with Young Buck in single "Money in the Bank" now owns a "breathing machine". He gushed, "I will never leave anywhere without it again."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'