First Look at Anthony Hopkins as Legendary Director Alfred Hitchcock
A very first look at Anthony Hopkins in his portrayal of legendary filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock in "Hitchcock" has been revealed. Clad in a sleek black suit, the veteran actor resembles the look of the late English director/producer complete with his bald head.
In the true story drama, Hopkins is joined by Scarlett Johansson, James D'Arcy, Jessica Biel and Helen Mirren. The movie itself tells the untold story of Hitchcock's struggles during the making of the 1960 film "Physco". It also follows the late director's relationship with his wife Alma, who is his sounding board and constant collaborator for the fifty-four years of their marriage.
Johansson, who will star as legendary actress Janet Leigh in the film, recently told Access Hollywood that she was very impressed with Hopkins' portrayal of Hitchcock. "I've seen some makeup tests recently, and just watching [Hopkins] play Hitchcock is pretty memorable in itself," she said. "He's gonna be bananas! I can't wait for that - I'm very excited."
Previously known as "Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho", "Hitchcock" is directed by Sacha Gervasi with John J. McLaughlin penning the script based on a book by Stephen Rebello. Fox Searchlight Pictures still hasn't set a U.S. release date for the high-end biography drama.
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'