'The Voice' Producers Talk Possible Fall Premiere of Season 3 and 'Smash' Crossovers
"The Voice" team is ready to launch season 3 in the fall if NBC gives the greenlight. Addressing the swirling rumors at a press conference in Pasadena on Tuesday, April 17, Carson Daly did not rule out the possibility of the early premiere but claimed that the decision has not been made.
"Well, we'd certainly be excited about the opportunity to put the show, that people are so passionate about, on again," said the host, who also serves as producer for the show's second season. "On the production side, we're ready to go. The truth it it's a call from the network that we haven't gotten yet. But we'd be thrilled by it."
While nothing has been set in stone regarding the return date of "The Voice", Mark Burnett shared what fans could expect from the upcoming season. The executive producer teased that the singing competition might feature crossovers with NBC's musical drama "Smash" in the future.
Also on the same occasion, Daly tried to justify Christina Aguilera's decision to eliminate Jesse Campbell, who had been a frontrunner this season. "She wants people she wants to continue to work with," he explained.
On the other hand, Cee-Lo Green admitted he's still surprised with Christina's move as saying, "It was very unbelievable... I was speechless." Still, he added, "We definitely don't share the same strategies as coaches."
Blake Shelton, meanwhile, made use of the event to explain his decision to give the boot to RaeLynn. "I went into that show last night thinking I would pick RaeLynn if they did an equal job because as a country artist, I feel like I could help her along. [But] Erin had a better performance and I felt like it was my job sitting in that red chair to do the right thing," he said as explaining that he made his choice based on their Tuesday performances.
Showing confidence in RaeLynn's future after "The Voice", the "Austin" hitmaker stated, "She'll be fine - my wife [Miranda Lambert] is in love with her and she'll probably make a record with her, take her on tour and everything else."
More The Voice News
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant