Michael Jackson to Get Hologram Resurrection Like Tupac Shakur
After Tupac Shakur was successfully brought to life via hologram image at Coachella, Michael Jackson might be the next dead performer who would get such treatment. The plan to create the late King of Pop's virtual image was brought to attention by his sibling Jackie Jackson.
Jackie revealed that the virtual MJ could join the reunited Jackson 5 when they tour later this year. "It could have Michael - absolutely," he told E! Online. "Wouldn't that be wonderful? As a matter of fact, we had that idea two years ago for Michael's Cirque du Soleil show."
The Jackson 5 plan to hit the road for a "Unity Tour 2012" which covers around 27 cities in the United States with the tour opener set on June 18 in Louisville. It will mark the first time the brothers embark on a roadshow together since their last one in 1984.
Details of the tour are still being finalized. "There are so many songs," Jackie said. "That's the hardest part because we want to include all the favorites and not leave anything out. We're going to sing some of Michael's stuff, too. We're going to honor him on the stage. He'd want us to do our thing to the best of our ability."
Tupac Shakur was resurrected on the third day of desert party Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. The plan was presented by Dr. Dre to Digital Domain Media Group Inc. a year ago, and they began working on it around four months ago.
The virtual rapper astounded concertgoers as it greeted them and performed songs like "Hail Mary" and "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted". Rumors have since ran wild that Dre would like to tour with Snoop Dogg and the late rapper's hologram image.
More Michael Jackson News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child