Audio Recording of Mel Gibson's Expletive-Filled Rant in Costa Rica Released
An audiotape that documented Mel Gibson's angry rant while at his Costa Rica estate has been brought to public attention. Screenwriter Joe Eszterhas, who earlier accused the Hollywood actor of making a number of anti-Semitic comments, was the one who released the recording, The Wrap reported.
In the tape reportedly recorded by Eszterhas' 15-year-old son on December 17, 2011, Gibson can be heard screaming at the top of his lungs at the screenwriter over the lack of the script for their joint movie project, "The Maccabees". He shouted, "Why don't I have a first draft of 'The Maccabees'? What the f**k have you been doing?"
The star of "The Beaver" didn't only direct his anger at Eszterhas, but also at his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva. "I am earning money for a filthy little c**ksucker who takes advantage of me. Just like every other motherf**ker," he lashed out before a number of banging sounds can then be heard.
It was said that Gibson stormed around the house and even threw a cellphone during the tirade. Eszterhas was a guest along with his wife Naomi and son Nick. Other houseguests, at the time, reportedly included screenwriter Randall Wallace, his girlfriend Elizabeth Topp, and Gibson's friend Brad Hillstrom.
Explaining why he released the tape, Eszterhas told The Wrap, "Gibson called me a liar. And I also have some reason to believe he's creating a PR blitz questioning my truthfulness." The "Basic Instinct" writer went on to say, "The bottom line is it shows to me he badly needs help."
"My interest isn't to damage him with this tape but to prevent damage being done to others, starting with Jews, including Oksana and now, I'm sure, me. I strongly believe that unless he seeks and receives some kind of psychiatric help, someone is going to get hurt."
Earlier this April, Eszterhas sent Gibson a nine-page letter in which he said that the actor hates Jews and accused him of making threat to kill Oksana. In response, Gibson said in a lengthy letter, "I am not going to respond to it line by line, but I will say that the great majority of the facts as well as the statements and actions attributed to me in your letter are utter fabrications."
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans