Justin Bieber's Image Used to Sexually Abuse a Minor Girl
Justin Bieber's fame was used to sexually abuse a 12-year-old girl from New Jersey. A 34-year-old man named Lee Moir from Toronto, Ontario posed as the pop singer to trick the girl on a video chat site.
According to Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray, Moir initially used Bieber's image n Facebook to lure the girl. He told the girl to perform sexual acts on her webcam and she complied. But she soon realized that it was not Bieber on the other end and ceased communication. Moir then repeatedly threatened to harm her family.
Essex County Prosecutor's Office relayed the case to Toronto Police Services. The authorities used an undercover to pose as a 14-year-old girl. Moir got into a sexual conversation with the undercover who then requested a meeting. He was arrested in Canada on charges of luring, manufacturing child pornography and extortion.
"This arrest highlights both the danger posed to children online as well as the best efforts of law enforcement authorities throughout the world to apprehend these child predators who exploit the wide reach and perceived anonymity of the Internet to take advantage of vulnerable children," said Assistant Prosecutor Deborah Freier, of the Essex County Prosecutor's Office.
More Justin Bieber News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby