Justin Bieber's Image Used to Sexually Abuse a Minor Girl
Justin Bieber's fame was used to sexually abuse a 12-year-old girl from New Jersey. A 34-year-old man named Lee Moir from Toronto, Ontario posed as the pop singer to trick the girl on a video chat site.
According to Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray, Moir initially used Bieber's image n Facebook to lure the girl. He told the girl to perform sexual acts on her webcam and she complied. But she soon realized that it was not Bieber on the other end and ceased communication. Moir then repeatedly threatened to harm her family.
Essex County Prosecutor's Office relayed the case to Toronto Police Services. The authorities used an undercover to pose as a 14-year-old girl. Moir got into a sexual conversation with the undercover who then requested a meeting. He was arrested in Canada on charges of luring, manufacturing child pornography and extortion.
"This arrest highlights both the danger posed to children online as well as the best efforts of law enforcement authorities throughout the world to apprehend these child predators who exploit the wide reach and perceived anonymity of the Internet to take advantage of vulnerable children," said Assistant Prosecutor Deborah Freier, of the Essex County Prosecutor's Office.
More Justin Bieber News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics