Justin Bieber's Image Used to Sexually Abuse a Minor Girl
Justin Bieber's fame was used to sexually abuse a 12-year-old girl from New Jersey. A 34-year-old man named Lee Moir from Toronto, Ontario posed as the pop singer to trick the girl on a video chat site.
According to Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray, Moir initially used Bieber's image n Facebook to lure the girl. He told the girl to perform sexual acts on her webcam and she complied. But she soon realized that it was not Bieber on the other end and ceased communication. Moir then repeatedly threatened to harm her family.
Essex County Prosecutor's Office relayed the case to Toronto Police Services. The authorities used an undercover to pose as a 14-year-old girl. Moir got into a sexual conversation with the undercover who then requested a meeting. He was arrested in Canada on charges of luring, manufacturing child pornography and extortion.
"This arrest highlights both the danger posed to children online as well as the best efforts of law enforcement authorities throughout the world to apprehend these child predators who exploit the wide reach and perceived anonymity of the Internet to take advantage of vulnerable children," said Assistant Prosecutor Deborah Freier, of the Essex County Prosecutor's Office.
More Justin Bieber News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake