Pippa Middleton Thought Gun-Waving Incident Was Funny, Friend Claims
Pippa Middleton has yet to make a formal statement regarding a recent gun-waving incident, but a friend of hers has said that the younger sister of Kate Middleton found it funny. On Tuesday, April 17 night, Vicomte Arthur de Soultrait's brother Marcy de Soultrait shared his insight on the whole scandal in an interview with the Daily Mail.
"Pippa is a very good friend of mine and this gun affair is very silly," Marcy said from family chateau in Presles, just outside Paris. "It was a children's toy that the driver had in his car. Pippa thought it was funny. It is fine in France to do that and the police are not investigating. In France there is no problem, just in England. You English think there is a problem, which is crazy."
"I have spoken with Pippa, she thinks this is all a joke and a funny game," the aristocrat continued on. "We were just having a laugh. We are funny people, it's what we do. The paparazzo saw the toy and he knew it was a toy, he has said so. You English need to get over it. It was just a joke that has been blown out of all proportion."
Pippa got entangled in the gungate scandal after she was photographed riding shotgun in a convertible whose driver pointed a semi-automatic handgun, which was claimed a fake, at photographers on Sunday, April 15. While earlier reports suggested that Paris Judicial Police are "poised" to launch an investigation into the incident, it was later said that the 28-year-old is unlikely to be investigated.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'