'Today' Calls Kathy Griffin's Ban Claim 'Silly'
"Today" does not impose a ban on Kathy Griffin. Denying the claim made by the comedienne herself, the show released a statement read, "The idea that 'TODAY' show anchors and hosts ban guests from appearing on the show is silly."
It also cleared up speculation that co-host Natalie Morales is the one who does not want Griffin to be featured on the show. "There was no incident between Natalie and Kathy at the Golden Globes or anywhere else. In fact Natalie is a big fan of Kathy's," the statement went on noting.
"Today" made the denial in response to Griffin's claim that she had been banned from "Today" several times in the past and now Morales bans her again. "I just want you to know, over the years since 'Suddenly Susan' in 1996, I have been banned and re-banned from the 'Today' show by several people. Katie Couric at one point. Matt Lauer at one point," the 51-year-old actress said.
"This time my camp heard that it was actually Natalie Morales - who is on the show, I don't even know if she's the co-host, I think she reads the news," she added. On the reason why Morales bans her, the Grammy Award nominee said, "What I heard from their team is that I was rude to her at the Golden Globes. Which is funny because I didn't go to the Golden Globes."
While it is unclear if she's going to appear on "Today" anytime soon, Griffin will regularly grace small screen through her new Bravo talk show "Kathy". To be premiered on Thursday, April 19, the program won't feature any celebrity guests as she recently explained, "I don't feel that I can do the lord's work - making fun of Ryan Seacrest - I don't feel that I can make fun of these celebrities if they're next to me, or if their friends are next to me."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars