Darren Aronofsky to Helm George Washington Film 'The General' for Paramount
Darren Aronofsky is set to direct a high-profile movie project about George Washington as his next project. It was Variety which broke the news that the "Black Swan" helmer has been attached to direct in addition to producing the history movie, which is called "The General".
The George Washington movie is developed at Paramount Pictures. Story details of the film are still kept secret, but insiders revealed that the script is more of an "Unforgiven"-like tale rather than a straight historical drama. Providing the screenplay are Adam Cooper and Bill Collage.
In addition to the film about the United States' first president, Aronofsky is closed to helm Biblical epic "Noah", which has cast Russell Crowe as the titular prophet. He also sets his eyes on a Judy Garland biopic "Get Happy: The Life of Judy Garland", which has tapped Anne Hathaway as the titular actress.
Aronofsky is also attached to some other long-gestating gigs, such as Fox Searchlight's Jacqueline Kennedy biopic "Jackie", which has closed Rachel Weisz as the female lead, as well as Warner Bros. Pictures' sci-fi drama "Human Nature", which is expected to be George Clooney's starring vehicle.
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified