Darren Aronofsky to Helm George Washington Film 'The General' for Paramount
Darren Aronofsky is set to direct a high-profile movie project about George Washington as his next project. It was Variety which broke the news that the "Black Swan" helmer has been attached to direct in addition to producing the history movie, which is called "The General".
The George Washington movie is developed at Paramount Pictures. Story details of the film are still kept secret, but insiders revealed that the script is more of an "Unforgiven"-like tale rather than a straight historical drama. Providing the screenplay are Adam Cooper and Bill Collage.
In addition to the film about the United States' first president, Aronofsky is closed to helm Biblical epic "Noah", which has cast Russell Crowe as the titular prophet. He also sets his eyes on a Judy Garland biopic "Get Happy: The Life of Judy Garland", which has tapped Anne Hathaway as the titular actress.
Aronofsky is also attached to some other long-gestating gigs, such as Fox Searchlight's Jacqueline Kennedy biopic "Jackie", which has closed Rachel Weisz as the female lead, as well as Warner Bros. Pictures' sci-fi drama "Human Nature", which is expected to be George Clooney's starring vehicle.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest