Johnny Depp Hit With Lawsuit After Bodyguards Tackled Disabled Woman at Concert
An alleged incident involving Johnny Depp's bodyguards and a disabled woman at an Iggy Pop concert back in December 2011 has resulted in a lawsuit against the Hollywood actor. Claiming to have suffered "injuries to the extreme and outrageous humiliation" because of the incident, the woman identified as Jane Doe filed the suit in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday, April 16.
In the court documents, the woman dished that she attended the concert with her husband and was in her VIP seat when she was forcibly moved by Depp's bodyguards. She alleged that the guards were so rough in removing her from the VIP section that her shoes came off and her clothes became disheveled.
The woman, who claimed to be a medical professor at UC Irvine, went on to detail that the bodyguards also restrained her wrists and tried to rip her iPhone from her hands one finger at a time. The situation got worse when they handcuffed her and dragged her through the venue, causing her pants to fall off and "exposing her buttocks to the other Hollywood Palladium Theater patrons."
According to the woman, Depp was fully aware of what his security team was doing. In fact, she alleged that the Captain Jack Sparrow of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise was "supplying direct supervision and management of his security guards and directing their current and future actions."
Because of the scuffle, the woman claimed to have suffered severe injuries, including dislocated elbow, "cuts, bruising, scrapes, swelling, hyper-pigmentation and bleeding." She also said that the incident exacerbated her pre-existing condition. She allegedly has spondyloarthritis and fibromyalgia.
The woman is now seeking unspecified damages from Depp and the Hollywood Palladium for 12 causes of action, including negligence, assault, battery, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress and discriminatory practices in public accommodations.
More Johnny Depp News
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood