Photo: Armor-Clad Zachary Quinto Films Action Scene on 'Star Trek 2' Set
Another photo has been unveiled from the set of J.J. Abrams' highly anticipated "Star Trek" sequel. Obtained by MTV News, the image shows Zachary Quinto's Spock donning a red metal suit while hanging high on a sling. Words are, Quinto was shooting a stunt scene involving a volcano.
According to MTV, after first rehearsing the scene with a Spock stunt double, Quito was "rigged to a wire in front of a large green screen and lifted to a height of 10 stories high." He then "dropped at a high rate of speed as if he was falling."
For the action scene, Quinto was rocking a so-called "Volcano Suit" while carrying a certain equipment with a Starfleet Emblem. It was reported that a volcano is involved in the scene and the crew had a real fire burning off a camera to "catch the fire reflections on Spock's 'Volcano Suit'."
Set to make its way out onto the U.S. theaters on May 17, 2013, the untitled Star Trek sequel still hasn't revealed its official plot details. In addition to Quinto, the much awaited sci-fi movie will bring back Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Karl Urban and John Cho as Uhura, James T. Kirk, Scotty, Pavel, Bones and Hikaru Sulu respectively. Benedict Cumberbatch, meanwhile, has been long rumored to be tackling the major villain.
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Linkin Park Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington by Launching Suicide-Prevention Site
- Comic-Con: 'Stranger Things' First Season 2 Trailer Features Creepy Visions and Eleven's Return
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online