Photo: Armor-Clad Zachary Quinto Films Action Scene on 'Star Trek 2' Set
Another photo has been unveiled from the set of J.J. Abrams' highly anticipated "Star Trek" sequel. Obtained by MTV News, the image shows Zachary Quinto's Spock donning a red metal suit while hanging high on a sling. Words are, Quinto was shooting a stunt scene involving a volcano.
According to MTV, after first rehearsing the scene with a Spock stunt double, Quito was "rigged to a wire in front of a large green screen and lifted to a height of 10 stories high." He then "dropped at a high rate of speed as if he was falling."
For the action scene, Quinto was rocking a so-called "Volcano Suit" while carrying a certain equipment with a Starfleet Emblem. It was reported that a volcano is involved in the scene and the crew had a real fire burning off a camera to "catch the fire reflections on Spock's 'Volcano Suit'."
Set to make its way out onto the U.S. theaters on May 17, 2013, the untitled Star Trek sequel still hasn't revealed its official plot details. In addition to Quinto, the much awaited sci-fi movie will bring back Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Karl Urban and John Cho as Uhura, James T. Kirk, Scotty, Pavel, Bones and Hikaru Sulu respectively. Benedict Cumberbatch, meanwhile, has been long rumored to be tackling the major villain.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'