New Singles: Nelly Furtado's 'Big Hoops', Linkin Park's 'Burn It Down'
Nelly Furtado's brand new single hits the web for fans' listening pleasure, almost at the same time Linkin Park's fresh music makes its way out. The former song is called "Big Hoops (Bigger the Better)", while the latter is titled "Burn It Down".
Nelly will include "Big Hoops" in her upcoming studio album "The Spirit Indestructible" which is going to come out in the United States on June 19. She co-wrote the song with Rodney Jerkins, and will officially release it on April 17.
In addition to working with Rodney, Nelly also collaborated with top-notch music maker Salaam Remi, veteran metal producer Bob Rock, DJ Tiesto, producer Fraser T. Smith (Adele), Jamaican reggae producer Da Genius, and Passion Pit lead singer Mike Angelakos.
"This album is all about positivity, youth, good energy, and the relentlessness of the spirit," she said. "I want people to live this music the way we did when we wrote it. I want them to jump, dance, scream, laugh, cry, love, and vibe to it, and to turn it up very loud everywhere."
Linkin Park, meanwhile, recorded "Burn It Down" for their next studio installment "Living Things", which is set to be released across the country on June 26. They offer an instant download of the single for those who pre-order the upcoming CD on their official website.
"All of our songs take these really big creative turns and twists throughout the process, so sometimes songs will start out as a melody or some musical chord progressions," Chester Bennington once told MTV News. "Other times, they'll start out as beats, and the next thing you know they kind of evolve over the course of the making of the album."
The lead singer continued, "But what's interesting about this track is the really high energy and the really strong electronic melodies and hooks kind of set this song apart, which is why we chose it as our first single."
Nelly Furtado's "Big Hoops":
Linkin Park's "Burn It Down":
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction