'Amazing Spider-Man' Delivers Brand New Edgy Posters
"The Amazing Spider-Man" uncovered two fresh posters just a day after releasing a new international trailer, which is loaded with brand new fight scenes. The new one-sheets highlight the darker and edgier tone of director Marc Webb's version of the masked vigilante movie.
One of the posters shows the web-slinger in a close-up shot with two big gashes in the front of his iconic red-and-blue getup, indicating that he's just had a confrontation with an enemy. The other one-sheet, meanwhile, presents a look at the fan-beloved superhero clinging to a skyscraper with New York City landscape glittering beneath him.
Webb promised to present a different take on the Spidey story, which has never been told in any other movie adaptations. Claiming that his version will not be "cartoony", the filmmaker said that the upcoming movie will put the disappearance of Peter Parker's parents under the spotlight.
"I wanted to give the audience something new, so that started off with getting underneath the parent's story, which will unfold over probably a few movies. We don't totally wrap up that story in this first movie. It's sort of an ongoing mystery. That was something that was interesting to me," he recently told MTV News.
The director went on gushing that the untold story of Peter Parker's parents will not be the only magnet in the anticipated superhero film. There will be "obligations to the canon, in terms of Uncle Ben and the spider-bite, but the conditions under which those things happen are very different."
Slated for a July 3 release in the U.S. cinemas, "The Amazing Spider-Man" has Andrew Garfield tackling the part of the titular hero, and Emma Stone starring as his leading lady Gwen Stacy. Also supporting the movie are Rhys Ifans as supervillain Lizard, Denis Leary as Captain Stacy, as well as Martin Sheen and Sally Field as Ben and May Parker.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign