Absent Axl Rose Booed at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony went on smoothly on Saturday, April 14 night although the lead inductee, Axl Rose, was visibly absent. The Guns N' Roses frontman was even booed by the audience when it was his supposed turn to appear on the stage.
Earlier this week, Rose infamously announced that he had no interest in attending the ceremony held in Cleveland. It is thought that Rose's feud with former bandmates led to his reluctance to participate. In his own words he said he didn't want to be at an event where it "doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected."
Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong was on duty to induct Guns N' Roses, asking the crowd "who was missing" as members of the band ascended the stage. The audience threw their best boos which were soon drowned by music. "Most singers are crazy. I can vouch for that," Armstrong said, adding "He is one of the best front man to ever touch a microphone. Sometimes you have to look back at chapters of your life to move forward."
Rose was not the only inductee skipping the event. Rod Stewart did not join his Faces bandmates to accept the honor because he was down with the flu. Simply Red's Mick Hucknall replaced him in the band's performance. Meanwhile, Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch could not accept the award for health reason. He was diagnosed with cancer in 2009.
Red Hot Chili Peppers came in full army. Lead singer Anthony Kiedis though it was weird accepting award in the middle of tour, saying "We're going somewhere. How can we stop and take an award when really we're just halfway there? But it is nice to be together with people that we spent some incredible years along the way writing songs and playing shows in little theaters and sweaty little transvestite clubs and having the time of our lives."
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius