Confirmed: M.I.A. Composing Original Score for Julian Assange's TV Show
M.I.A., who's an avid supporter of Julian Assange, has crafted music for an upcoming TV show, "The World Tomorrow", hosted by the WikiLeaks founder. A bit of instrumental music, which might be part of the score, can be heard on a trailer of the show.
The "Born Free" hitmaker broke the news by tweeting, "Dear Julien, just finished the your musical score but im nervous about sending via internet could you send a bike?" She also wrote, "julian assange borrowed my computer last week, im still FREAKING OUT !!!!!"
Claimed to have "frank and irreverent tone," the show will premiere online and on RT, an English-language Russian TV network, next Tuesday, April 17. Julian, who has been under house arrest since 2010, has completed filming twelve episodes in his temporary home in the English countryside.
He talked with "an eclectic range of guests, who are stamping their mark on the future: politicians, revolutionaries, intellectuals, artists and visionaries." The names of the guests, however, remain under tight wraps. "We do not want to kill the buzz and the intrigue," said RT editor-in-chief Margarita Simonyan.
"But I have no doubt that this particular guest and this interview will lead to calls to shut us down from some especially hawkish personalities who have little respect for freedom of speech," Simonyan assured.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal