Confirmed: M.I.A. Composing Original Score for Julian Assange's TV Show
M.I.A., who's an avid supporter of Julian Assange, has crafted music for an upcoming TV show, "The World Tomorrow", hosted by the WikiLeaks founder. A bit of instrumental music, which might be part of the score, can be heard on a trailer of the show.
The "Born Free" hitmaker broke the news by tweeting, "Dear Julien, just finished the your musical score but im nervous about sending via internet could you send a bike?" She also wrote, "julian assange borrowed my computer last week, im still FREAKING OUT !!!!!"
Claimed to have "frank and irreverent tone," the show will premiere online and on RT, an English-language Russian TV network, next Tuesday, April 17. Julian, who has been under house arrest since 2010, has completed filming twelve episodes in his temporary home in the English countryside.
He talked with "an eclectic range of guests, who are stamping their mark on the future: politicians, revolutionaries, intellectuals, artists and visionaries." The names of the guests, however, remain under tight wraps. "We do not want to kill the buzz and the intrigue," said RT editor-in-chief Margarita Simonyan.
"But I have no doubt that this particular guest and this interview will lead to calls to shut us down from some especially hawkish personalities who have little respect for freedom of speech," Simonyan assured.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image