Confirmed: M.I.A. Composing Original Score for Julian Assange's TV Show
M.I.A., who's an avid supporter of Julian Assange, has crafted music for an upcoming TV show, "The World Tomorrow", hosted by the WikiLeaks founder. A bit of instrumental music, which might be part of the score, can be heard on a trailer of the show.
The "Born Free" hitmaker broke the news by tweeting, "Dear Julien, just finished the your musical score but im nervous about sending via internet could you send a bike?" She also wrote, "julian assange borrowed my computer last week, im still FREAKING OUT !!!!!"
Claimed to have "frank and irreverent tone," the show will premiere online and on RT, an English-language Russian TV network, next Tuesday, April 17. Julian, who has been under house arrest since 2010, has completed filming twelve episodes in his temporary home in the English countryside.
He talked with "an eclectic range of guests, who are stamping their mark on the future: politicians, revolutionaries, intellectuals, artists and visionaries." The names of the guests, however, remain under tight wraps. "We do not want to kill the buzz and the intrigue," said RT editor-in-chief Margarita Simonyan.
"But I have no doubt that this particular guest and this interview will lead to calls to shut us down from some especially hawkish personalities who have little respect for freedom of speech," Simonyan assured.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?