Jada Pinkett Smith: Will and I Are Waiting Peacefully for the Divorce Rumors to Go Away
Jada Pinkett Smith is clearing up the air from any rumors suggesting that her marriage to Will Smith is in trouble. The actress voicing Gloria in the "Madagascar" film franchise denied the false reports in a new interview with French magazine Gala as excerpted in translation by PEOPLE, saying, "Will and I know the truth. We're waiting peacefully for the storm to blow over."
Admitting she has no idea why the speculations won't leave them alone, the former leading lady of "Hawthorne" went on to note, "Every year, one celebrity couple is under the microscope. This year, unluckily, it's us!" The actress, who has been married to Will for 14 years, added, "I almost want to say that we should have been expecting it."
Asked about rumors that they no longer live under the same roof, Jada responded, "That's ridiculous. We've always lived together." The 40-year-old also stated, "These rumors are completely untrue. I travel a lot because of my work, just like Will does. ... But our lifestyle hasn't changed. Before we had the kids, we were already far away from each other quite often because of separate projects."
Jada and Will were hit with rumors of separation back in August 2011. The couple, who have two children together, 13-year-old Jaden Smith and 11-year-old Willow Smith, were quick to shoot down the false reports though, saying in a joint statement, "We are still together, and our marriage is intact."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed