Jada Pinkett Smith: Will and I Are Waiting Peacefully for the Divorce Rumors to Go Away
Jada Pinkett Smith is clearing up the air from any rumors suggesting that her marriage to Will Smith is in trouble. The actress voicing Gloria in the "Madagascar" film franchise denied the false reports in a new interview with French magazine Gala as excerpted in translation by PEOPLE, saying, "Will and I know the truth. We're waiting peacefully for the storm to blow over."
Admitting she has no idea why the speculations won't leave them alone, the former leading lady of "Hawthorne" went on to note, "Every year, one celebrity couple is under the microscope. This year, unluckily, it's us!" The actress, who has been married to Will for 14 years, added, "I almost want to say that we should have been expecting it."
Asked about rumors that they no longer live under the same roof, Jada responded, "That's ridiculous. We've always lived together." The 40-year-old also stated, "These rumors are completely untrue. I travel a lot because of my work, just like Will does. ... But our lifestyle hasn't changed. Before we had the kids, we were already far away from each other quite often because of separate projects."
Jada and Will were hit with rumors of separation back in August 2011. The couple, who have two children together, 13-year-old Jaden Smith and 11-year-old Willow Smith, were quick to shoot down the false reports though, saying in a joint statement, "We are still together, and our marriage is intact."
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies