Morgan Freeman: I'm Not Romancing My Step Granddaughter
Morgan Freeman was forced to deny that he is romantically involved with his step-granddaughter. Since 2009, there have been whispers that the 74-year-old actor has an incestuous relationship with 27-year-old E'Dena Hines but the actor chose not to respond until now because he thought he didn't have to "dignify these stories by commenting".
Freeman is not related to Hines by blood, but he adopted Hines' mother, whose mother is his first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw. Freeman split with Bradshaw in 1979 but he and Hines maintained a close bond over the years. The actor often took her as his plus one at Hollywood events, publicly bringing her to the premiere of "The Dark Knight" in 2008.
Another rumor about him said that his second marriage to Myma Colley-Lee ended in 2008 because of the romance with the step-granddaughter. "The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers," Morgan said. "What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well."
Hines also has something to say about the rumors, saying in a statement, "These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also hurtful to me and my family."
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion