Mentally-Ill Man Slept on P. Diddy's Bed and Ate His Food
P. Diddy had a stranger on his bed, but not the kind that he wanted. A 30-year-old man named Quamine Taylor was arrested by police on April 1 after spending 24 hours in Diddy's Hamptons mansion, sleeping on the rapper's bed, wearing his best clothes, eating his food and taking a dip in his pool.
Taylor, who went in through unlocked basement door, told the security guards and police called to the scene that he knew Diddy personally when he accidentally triggered the alarm. Diddy was away at that time. "I really didn't go to Diddy's house because I'm a big fan of his," Taylor said. "I just wanted to get out of the city for a while. I was actually hoping to stay like 15 to 17 days." He added, "They really didn't bother me once I told them who I was. I got a good night's sleep, but it's not anything too special. It's just like a three-bedroom."
A caretaker then found him in the upstairs bedroom and called the police. The man tried to convince the officers that he was a distant cousin of Diddy when they were about to snatch him off the pool. Taylor was taken to Suffolk County Jail and later told NY Post from behind the bars, "I've actually been going to the house from time to time since 2001. I stay there a lot, but Sean gets funny sometimes about me staying there."
Taylor's mom said her son suffered from mental illness and recently went off his medicines. The unemployed man is now charged with trespassing and petit-larceny and was being held on $2,000 bail.
More P. Diddy News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce