'Californication' Spin-Off Being Developed, to Focus on Ex-Catholic School Girl
"Californication" may get a spin-off treatment. Entertainment Weekly reported that the show will introduce a new character in the upcoming season 6, with plans to give her a stand-alone show.
The new character named Faith is a professional groupie who is in her mid-to-late 20s. She is described as "what happens when an innocent young Catholic school girl is exposed to the evils of rock and roll and falls heads over heels in love with the music and the men who make it."
Faith, who is yet to be cast, has been hitting the road with various bands for years and is considered a muse by some elite artists, the site further spills. She has a fondness for sex, drugs and rock and roll, but at the same time, she remains quite religious.
Faith will have a prominent role in the show's new season and appear in nine episodes. Showtime has not set a premiere date for the sixth season, but the drama comedy series is expected to return sometime in 2013.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story