'Californication' Spin-Off Being Developed, to Focus on Ex-Catholic School Girl
"Californication" may get a spin-off treatment. Entertainment Weekly reported that the show will introduce a new character in the upcoming season 6, with plans to give her a stand-alone show.
The new character named Faith is a professional groupie who is in her mid-to-late 20s. She is described as "what happens when an innocent young Catholic school girl is exposed to the evils of rock and roll and falls heads over heels in love with the music and the men who make it."
Faith, who is yet to be cast, has been hitting the road with various bands for years and is considered a muse by some elite artists, the site further spills. She has a fondness for sex, drugs and rock and roll, but at the same time, she remains quite religious.
Faith will have a prominent role in the show's new season and appear in nine episodes. Showtime has not set a premiere date for the sixth season, but the drama comedy series is expected to return sometime in 2013.
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj