Video Premiere: Plies' 'We Are Trayvon'
Plies releases a music video for a single recorded as a tribute to Trayvon Martin. Wearing a "We Are Trayvon" hoodie, the rapper raps his verses in the memory of the Florida teen while people on the street are holding canned drinks and Skittles.
Plies donates 100% of the proceeds from the song sales to Justice For Trayvon Martin Foundation. He hopes to help efforts of removing "elements of judgment while uplifting young black men in the eyes of the general public, as well as assisting other families that are suffering from similar situations as the parents of Trayvon Martin."
Unarmed Trayvon was shot to death in February by a community watch coordinator named George Zimmerman while on his way to the home of his father's girlfriend. Zimmerman insisted it was a self defense and he also claimed there's something suspicious about the teen.
Plies' "We Are Trayvon" Music Video
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby