Video Premiere: Plies' 'We Are Trayvon'
Plies releases a music video for a single recorded as a tribute to Trayvon Martin. Wearing a "We Are Trayvon" hoodie, the rapper raps his verses in the memory of the Florida teen while people on the street are holding canned drinks and Skittles.
Plies donates 100% of the proceeds from the song sales to Justice For Trayvon Martin Foundation. He hopes to help efforts of removing "elements of judgment while uplifting young black men in the eyes of the general public, as well as assisting other families that are suffering from similar situations as the parents of Trayvon Martin."
Unarmed Trayvon was shot to death in February by a community watch coordinator named George Zimmerman while on his way to the home of his father's girlfriend. Zimmerman insisted it was a self defense and he also claimed there's something suspicious about the teen.
Plies' "We Are Trayvon" Music Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris