Video Premiere: Plies' 'We Are Trayvon'
Plies releases a music video for a single recorded as a tribute to Trayvon Martin. Wearing a "We Are Trayvon" hoodie, the rapper raps his verses in the memory of the Florida teen while people on the street are holding canned drinks and Skittles.
Plies donates 100% of the proceeds from the song sales to Justice For Trayvon Martin Foundation. He hopes to help efforts of removing "elements of judgment while uplifting young black men in the eyes of the general public, as well as assisting other families that are suffering from similar situations as the parents of Trayvon Martin."
Unarmed Trayvon was shot to death in February by a community watch coordinator named George Zimmerman while on his way to the home of his father's girlfriend. Zimmerman insisted it was a self defense and he also claimed there's something suspicious about the teen.
Plies' "We Are Trayvon" Music Video
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son