Video Premiere: Plies' 'We Are Trayvon'
Plies releases a music video for a single recorded as a tribute to Trayvon Martin. Wearing a "We Are Trayvon" hoodie, the rapper raps his verses in the memory of the Florida teen while people on the street are holding canned drinks and Skittles.
Plies donates 100% of the proceeds from the song sales to Justice For Trayvon Martin Foundation. He hopes to help efforts of removing "elements of judgment while uplifting young black men in the eyes of the general public, as well as assisting other families that are suffering from similar situations as the parents of Trayvon Martin."
Unarmed Trayvon was shot to death in February by a community watch coordinator named George Zimmerman while on his way to the home of his father's girlfriend. Zimmerman insisted it was a self defense and he also claimed there's something suspicious about the teen.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart