Selena Gomez on First Perfume Line: I Was Inspired by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
Following the footsteps of her boyfriend Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez debuted her own fragrance which is named after her. During the launching of her first perfume line in New York City on Wednesday, April 12, the "Monte Carlo" actress gushed that she was inspired by Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen in creating the fragrance.
"I've always wanted to [create my own fragrance] since Mary-Kate and Ashley had their little body sprays," the former Disney princess opened up to Us Weekly. She went on praising the famous twins, "I loved those and was obsessed with them."
Of why she simply gave her name "Selena Gomez" for the newly released scent, the Texan starlet said, "It's called my name, because I didn't want to get all philosophical with my first one." She explained, "I wanted it to be representing me so it's really fun, very sophisticated and also fruity. The only way I can describe it is yummy!"
Selena went on sharing that she trusted her fans' opinions in the making of the perfume, which marks her debut in the competitive celebrity fragrance market. "They're the ones wearing it, so I trust them - their opinions and everything that they've done for me," she said.
A day before launching her perfume, the "Ramona and Beezus" star took to her Instagram account to share a photo of herself with her fragrance's girlie purple packaging. The perfume has a long bottle and is topped off with a golden cap which is literally bursting with kisses. Along with the image, she wrote, "Ahhh it's so purrty..So excited, nervous and hyper."
Selena's EDP will be available for purchase exclusively at Macy's for $35, $45 and $55 starting May. In August, it will be sold at Nordstrom, Ulta, Dillard's, Bonton and SSI.
More Selena Gomez News
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer