'American Idol' Results: Jessica Sanchez Gets Lowest Vote, Judges Use Save Card
No one was sent packing in the Thursday, April 12 results show of "American Idol". The judges decided to use their "save" privilege after America's vote sent some finalists with the strongest performances on Wednesday show to the bottom three.
Those who were in jeopardy were Jessica Sanchez, who showed consistency with her rendition of Jazmine Sullivan's "Stuttering", Joshua Ledet who earned a standing ovation for his performance of Bruno Mars' "Runaway Baby", and Elise Testone who got rave reviews for her cover of Lady GaGa's "You and I". "This is a ridiculous bottom three America," Randy Jackson commented.
In a bigger shocker, Jessica was the one who got the lowest vote from audience. That left the California-born girl to sing for her life. But even before the final verdict was announced, Steven Tyler spoiled it by saying they were going to use the "save" card.
"Gimme that mic!" Jennifer Lopez snapped as she and the other two judges ran onto the stage toward the end of Jessica's performance. "We are saving Jessica without any doubt," Randy said. "She is one of the best singers in America. Are you kidding me!"
"I don't expect anything," said Jessica, who still looked confused when the judges took over the stage. She will return next week with the other six contestants to once again win the audience's heart with their performances.
Earlier that night, executive producer Nigel Lythgoe had revealed that the results on "American Idol" would leave people shocked. "Okay no BS I am truly shocked by tonight's #AmericanIdol result! #idon'tunderstand!" he tweeted.
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit