'American Idol' Results: Jessica Sanchez Gets Lowest Vote, Judges Use Save Card
No one was sent packing in the Thursday, April 12 results show of "American Idol". The judges decided to use their "save" privilege after America's vote sent some finalists with the strongest performances on Wednesday show to the bottom three.
Those who were in jeopardy were Jessica Sanchez, who showed consistency with her rendition of Jazmine Sullivan's "Stuttering", Joshua Ledet who earned a standing ovation for his performance of Bruno Mars' "Runaway Baby", and Elise Testone who got rave reviews for her cover of Lady GaGa's "You and I". "This is a ridiculous bottom three America," Randy Jackson commented.
In a bigger shocker, Jessica was the one who got the lowest vote from audience. That left the California-born girl to sing for her life. But even before the final verdict was announced, Steven Tyler spoiled it by saying they were going to use the "save" card.
"Gimme that mic!" Jennifer Lopez snapped as she and the other two judges ran onto the stage toward the end of Jessica's performance. "We are saving Jessica without any doubt," Randy said. "She is one of the best singers in America. Are you kidding me!"
"I don't expect anything," said Jessica, who still looked confused when the judges took over the stage. She will return next week with the other six contestants to once again win the audience's heart with their performances.
Earlier that night, executive producer Nigel Lythgoe had revealed that the results on "American Idol" would leave people shocked. "Okay no BS I am truly shocked by tonight's #AmericanIdol result! #idon'tunderstand!" he tweeted.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences