Marc Anthony Makes Split From Jennifer Lopez Official by Filing for Divorce
Marc Anthony has finally filed for divorce from Jennifer Lopez. The 43-year-old singer submitted his court documents to legally end his seven years of marriage to the "American Idol" judge in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday, April 9, more than eight months after they announced their separation.
In the papers, the "I Need to Know" hitmaker cites irreconcilable differences as reason for the split, and lists their separation date as "to be determined". In addition to asking the court to deny his estranged wife spousal support, he also requests joint legal and physical custody of their 4-year-old twins, Max and Emme.
Anthony and Lopez, who work together on "Q'Viva! The Chosen", tied the knot on June 5, 2004 in a secret ceremony at her Beverly Hills home. They renewed their wedding vows at their Hidden Hills, California estate for their sixth anniversary in June 2010, but a little more than a year later, they revealed that they have decided to call it quits.
"We have decided to end our marriage. This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters," the estranged couple said in a joint statement in July 2011. This will be Anthony's second divorce and Lopez's third. He was previously married to former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres, while she was married to Ojani Noa and Cris Judd.
More Marc Anthony News
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!