Marc Anthony Makes Split From Jennifer Lopez Official by Filing for Divorce
Marc Anthony has finally filed for divorce from Jennifer Lopez. The 43-year-old singer submitted his court documents to legally end his seven years of marriage to the "American Idol" judge in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday, April 9, more than eight months after they announced their separation.
In the papers, the "I Need to Know" hitmaker cites irreconcilable differences as reason for the split, and lists their separation date as "to be determined". In addition to asking the court to deny his estranged wife spousal support, he also requests joint legal and physical custody of their 4-year-old twins, Max and Emme.
Anthony and Lopez, who work together on "Q'Viva! The Chosen", tied the knot on June 5, 2004 in a secret ceremony at her Beverly Hills home. They renewed their wedding vows at their Hidden Hills, California estate for their sixth anniversary in June 2010, but a little more than a year later, they revealed that they have decided to call it quits.
"We have decided to end our marriage. This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters," the estranged couple said in a joint statement in July 2011. This will be Anthony's second divorce and Lopez's third. He was previously married to former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres, while she was married to Ojani Noa and Cris Judd.
More Marc Anthony News
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant