Marc Anthony Makes Split From Jennifer Lopez Official by Filing for Divorce
Marc Anthony has finally filed for divorce from Jennifer Lopez. The 43-year-old singer submitted his court documents to legally end his seven years of marriage to the "American Idol" judge in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday, April 9, more than eight months after they announced their separation.
In the papers, the "I Need to Know" hitmaker cites irreconcilable differences as reason for the split, and lists their separation date as "to be determined". In addition to asking the court to deny his estranged wife spousal support, he also requests joint legal and physical custody of their 4-year-old twins, Max and Emme.
Anthony and Lopez, who work together on "Q'Viva! The Chosen", tied the knot on June 5, 2004 in a secret ceremony at her Beverly Hills home. They renewed their wedding vows at their Hidden Hills, California estate for their sixth anniversary in June 2010, but a little more than a year later, they revealed that they have decided to call it quits.
"We have decided to end our marriage. This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters," the estranged couple said in a joint statement in July 2011. This will be Anthony's second divorce and Lopez's third. He was previously married to former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres, while she was married to Ojani Noa and Cris Judd.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch