Miley Cyrus and Ashley Greene's Love Rivalry Highlighted in 'LOL' Official Trailer
Miley Cyrus' latest teen drama, "LOL", has debuted its official trailer. The new promo video puts the love life of Cyrus' Lola on the spotlight. At some points, Lola is seen having a war of words with her rival Ashley as they try to win the heart of a guy in their high school. Lola's bittersweet relationship with her mother is also highlighted in the video.
In the film, Lola and her friends navigate the peer pressures of high school romance and friendship while dodging their overbearing and confused parents. As Lola gets dumped by her boyfriend, she sets her sights on his best friend Kyle. She then begins her sexual awakening and experiments with drugs.
During Lola's tribulations, her oblivious mother, Anne, struggles to move on from her divorce. However, when Anne accidentally discovers her teenage daughter's racy journal, she realizes just how wide their communication gap has grown.
A remake of the French film "Laughing Out Loud", "LOL" is helmed and written by Lisa Azuelos. Cyrus is joined by Demi Moore who stars as her frustrated mother Anne, Ashley Greene who plays her rival Ashley, and Douglas Booth who portrays her love interest Kyle.
"LOL" will make its way out into the U.S. theaters on May 4, the same day when Marvel's "The Avengers" opens nationwide.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics