First Look at Rooney Mara With New Ombre Locks for 'Bitter Pill'
Rooney Mara has ditched her iconic punk hacker style from "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" for a much more feminine look in support of her role in "The Bitter Pill". The Oscar nominee was snapped showing off long ombre hair while filming a scene on the New York set of the Steven Soderbergh-directed thriller on Tuesday morning, April 10.
Donning a khaki trench coat and black pumps, the 26-year-old actress was at one point seen listening to her iPod while being led to the set by a production staff member. Also spotted on the location was Jude Law, who looked dapper in a gray suit.
In "Bitter Pill", Mara plays Emily Hawkins, an unsettled young woman who is taking serious amount of prescription drugs to deal with anxiety and depression surrounding the pending release of her husband from prison. The prescription drugs drive Hawkins to unknowingly murder her husband, and she now must stand trial for the crime.
Aside from Law, Mara will be joined by Channing Tatum, Liv Tyler and Catherine Zeta-Jones. While it is still in the early stage of production, the movie has been scheduled to be released in the U.S. in March 2013.
This was not the first time Mara underwent drastic transformation for a movie role. To portray Lisbeth Salander in "Dragon Tattoo", the New York native shaved her hair on the sides, bleached her eyebrows, and piereced her nipple, nose, eyebrow and lip all in one day. Through the acclaimed role, she got nominated for Best Actress at the 2012 Academy Awards.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2