First Look at Rooney Mara With New Ombre Locks for 'Bitter Pill'
Rooney Mara has ditched her iconic punk hacker style from "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" for a much more feminine look in support of her role in "The Bitter Pill". The Oscar nominee was snapped showing off long ombre hair while filming a scene on the New York set of the Steven Soderbergh-directed thriller on Tuesday morning, April 10.
Donning a khaki trench coat and black pumps, the 26-year-old actress was at one point seen listening to her iPod while being led to the set by a production staff member. Also spotted on the location was Jude Law, who looked dapper in a gray suit.
In "Bitter Pill", Mara plays Emily Hawkins, an unsettled young woman who is taking serious amount of prescription drugs to deal with anxiety and depression surrounding the pending release of her husband from prison. The prescription drugs drive Hawkins to unknowingly murder her husband, and she now must stand trial for the crime.
Aside from Law, Mara will be joined by Channing Tatum, Liv Tyler and Catherine Zeta-Jones. While it is still in the early stage of production, the movie has been scheduled to be released in the U.S. in March 2013.
This was not the first time Mara underwent drastic transformation for a movie role. To portray Lisbeth Salander in "Dragon Tattoo", the New York native shaved her hair on the sides, bleached her eyebrows, and piereced her nipple, nose, eyebrow and lip all in one day. Through the acclaimed role, she got nominated for Best Actress at the 2012 Academy Awards.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal