Chevy Chase Blasts 'Community' and Show's Creator in Newly Leaked Voice Mail
The drama behind the scenes of "Community" is apparently not yet over though Dan Harmon had expressed his apology. A second voice mail recording the conversation between the show's creator and cast member Chevy Chase has just been leaked, revealing the actor's rant at the writer.
Saying the show isn't funny, Chase claimed, "There's a disconnect somewhere either between what is actually shot and the humor on the set when we shoot." He added, "The other part of the disconnect is obviously, you don't get my humor at all, or what it is I do that's funny, that actually makes people laugh."
The Pierce Hawthorne of the NBC series went on complaining that his jokes were cut down during the editing. "It's cut down. For what? So people can follow the story line between Joel [McHale] and Gillian [Jacobs]? About love affairs and kissing? Come on man, you're missing the point," he slammed the show for focusing on the romance between Jeff Winger and Britta Perry.
"And then you have an editor with no f**king sense of humor and no sense of me cutting things down to the point where I just look like an a**hole," he continued his rant. Calling the show "a f**king mediocre sitcom," he told Harmon, "If you want me on this f**king show again, I got news for you, I don't want it!"
Though praising Harmon's great writing, Chase blamed the showrunner for not being there to determine the final cut. He explained, "The really problem is, Dan, that you're not there when we shoot and you're not there when they edit so you don't even know what you have. You don't even know what it is that I'm f**king doing."
According to Celebuzz which first posted the voice mail, the conversation took place a year ago in March 2011. Neither a spokesperson for "Community" nor a representative for Chase has commented on the newly leaked voice mail.
Previously, Harmon played a voice message which featured Chase using profane language to criticize the show's creator after Harmon allegedly made a disrespectful speech about the 68-year-old comedian during the show's season 3 wrap party. Harmon later apologized for playing the voice mail in public, admitting it was "a dumb, unclassy, inconsiderate move."
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video