Video: Rachel Crow Opens White House Easter Egg Roll With National Anthem
Rachel Crow opened the 134th Annual Easter Egg Roll at the White House with a rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner". The former contestant on "The X Factor (US)" inaugural season delivered the national anthem from the balcony of the South Lawn.
Wearing a yellow blazer, the 14-year-old singer belted out the anthem with President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, and their two daughters Sasha and Malia standing by her sides. She exchanged hugs with Mr. President and the First Lady before retreating from the spotlight.
Other performers at the kid-friendly event included Cody Simpson and Janelle Monae. Aussie singer Simpson catered the crowd with his songs including the latest one "So Listen", while Kansas artist Monae performed soulful tracks including her single "Tightrope".
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'